Sunday, April 02, 2006

when i say i've got it down....

Its officially April in both my worlds today!

This season, characterized by bunnies, matzah, and general rebirth leads me to thinking about my place physically and metaphorically. The six week mark in country was supposed to find me just settling in, making friends, feeling as though my choices were good. I can't imagine if it had taken this long. I can't imagine how i might feel about the program or the country or me and my decisions--because i have been those things for days now, not just days, weeks. I am happy, and settled, and falling in love with Australia on a daily basis. So while i can't imagine it having gone any differently I am supposed to recognize in my reflection that the past six weeks have been icing--icing on what is now going to be a fabulous cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home